The grant means that, as a community, we can begin to explore, document and share teachers’ Writing For Pleasure practices from across the country!
The grant provides us with an amazing opportunity to:
- Visit you at your school.
- Talk together about your writing teaching.
- Team-teach alongside you.
- Do some CPD with you and your school (to discuss how you could enhance your Writing For Pleasure pedagogy further).
- Talk with your apprentice writers about their writing and their feelings about being writers.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for any UK based KS1/KS2 teachers who feel that they teach writing in such a way that it reflects some (but not necessarily all!) of the fourteen principles of our Writing For Pleasure manifesto. These principles include:
- Creating A Community Of Writers
- Every Child A Writer
- Reading, Sharing And Talking About Writing
- Purposeful & Authentic Writing Projects
- Explicitly Teach The Writing Processes
- Scaffolding New Learning & Setting Writing Goals
- Being Reassuringly Consistent
- Personal Writing Projects: Writing Everyday
- Balancing Composition With Transcription
- Teaching Self-Regulation Strategies
- Being A Writer-Teacher
- Pupil Conference: Meeting Children Where They Are
- Literacy For Pleasure: Reading And Writing Connecting
- Successful Interconnection Of These Principles
If you’d like to see a copy of the Writing For Pleasure manifesto, you can download it here.
If you, or a colleague you know, might find this interesting then please do drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 31st July 2018
Please will you all share this post as much as possible on your social networks, we’d really appreciate it!
UKLA National Committee Member
National Literacy Trust member and contributor