We appreciate your feedback about the website. Some of you have said it is quite hard to find what you are looking for. Therefore we have placed all our most popular blog posts here. Enjoy!
- Why Children Should Be Encouraged To Only Ever Use Phonics As A Helpful Friend.
- Creating A Community Of Readers: A Reading For Pleasure Article
- Creating A Community Of Readers: The Power Of DEAR
- Parent & TA Guide To Listening To Reading & Making Comments
- The Four Week Reading Programme
- The Year 5 ‘Rights Of A Child Reader’ Guide.
- Our Real-World Literacy Approach To Writing
- Introducing Our Genre Booklets To The Class & Their Impact.
- Writing Study: Lessons That Last Forever PACK
- How To Have Children Writing Independent ‘Assessable’ Pieces Everyday
- What If Almost Everything We Thought About The Teaching Of Writing Was Wrong?
- What Can Cause Poor Writing Outcomes? The Writing Is Primary Research Findings
- Meeting Children Where They Are: Using Pupil Conferencing
- A Functional Grammar Table: CPD Subject Knowledge With A Difference
- Why The Over Use Of Writing Stimuli & Book Planning Could Be Damaging Children’s Writing Potential.
- How We Created Self-Regulating Writers & The Improvements We Have Seen
- The Sea Of Writing Ideas: 10 Ways We Got Children Choosing Their Own Topics.
- If In Doubt, Circle It Out! How To Create A Class Of Independent Spellers
- Teaching The Writing Process Is The Best Way To Improve Children’s Writing
- Murray Gadd: What Is Critical In The Effective Teaching Of Writing?
- What The Research Says: The 13 Most Effective Ways To Improve Children’s Writing
- They Won’t Have Anything To Write About: The Dangers Of Believing Pupils Are ‘Culturally Deprived’
- Talk-For-Writing Is Excellent But Does It Go Far Enough?
- The 29 Rights Of The Child Writer
- Is The Trick In The Publishing? Reflecting On Why The Children Are Writing With Such Care & Attention
- What The EEF’s ‘Improving Literacy in Key Stage Two’ Report Tells Us About Teaching Writing Effectively.
- Time For Reflection: The Major Approaches To Teaching Writing And Their Limitations
- What Is Writing? Why Do We Write?
- Give A Class ‘One’ Book To Write Through And You’ve Taught Them For A Day. Teach Them How To Use ‘Any’ Book And You’ve Taught Them For A Lifetime
- Children Writing Memoir : A Great Literacy Topic
- Bored With Your Pretend Journalism Topic? Have Children Writing Real Advocacy Journalism Instead!