Don’t underestimate the power of publishing: it’s the key to high-quality independent writing.
As part of our independent writers blog series, we’ve been reflecting on why the children in our class write the way they do.
We recently asked the children why they take so much care over the editing of their pieces – particularly their spellings and it was interesting to hear their responses.
- More people will read your writing.
- Improves my writing for the people who read it.
- I don’t do it for you – I do it for my readers.
- I want my reader to read it all.
- I want everyone in the class to understand it.